Thursday, September 14, 2006

In a Rut

Dear Sisters,

I am 40 years-old. All of my life I have been working at jobs that pay terribly. I know that I have the ability to go to school and increase my skills, but I just cannot seem to get motivated. I'm not lazy, I have always worked--sometimes two or three jobs at a time. I was a very good student in high school, but chose to get married rather than go to college. Fifteen years down the road, I find myself here. Do you have any suggestions?


Jena: Seldom do my sisters and I see eye-to-eye, but this is one of those rare instances. I would say, follow their advice. Many times a lack of motivation is simply a side effect of the fear of failure. As long as you do not try, you cannot fail. The flipside is that if you do not try, you cannot succeed.

Michele': Pray about it, and get going.

Elana: Stop dreaming and just do it!

No comments: