Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fed Up With Kiddie Calls

Dear Sisters,

I have a 10 year-old son. This little boy calls him at least five times a night. I don't want to be rude, but this needs to stop. How can I deal with this without offending his parents?

Jena: Speak to the child's parents. Explain the problem. Usually they can be of assistance. If not, when the child calls just explain that your child is unavailable for the rest of the evening. I believe that would be in keeping with the truth. I do not recommend lying. Also, if all else fails, there is a call-blocking service available through your phone service.

Michele': Just simply tell him your child can't talk on the phone unless it is school assignment related, except for days that there is no school the following day, and that there is a time limit. If that doesn't work I suggest you speak with the parents. It they are offended, so be it.

Elana: Simply tell the child, "Baby don't call my house anymore, something is wrong with my phone."

No comments: