Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fed Up in the City

Dear Sisters,


I am 16 years old. I have a sister who is about three years younger than me and people are always telling her how pretty she is. When they notice me they say, "you are cute too and your mommy says you are so smart." It has always been this way. I think my sister is really cute too, but I really get upset with how little these people seem to care about my feelings. I always just smile. Do you think I should say something to these people about their rudeness?

Jena: Girl, you are talking to the guru now. I too was the smart one and there is no glamour in that. But the older I get the more I realize that being the pretty one might not be all that great. Just ask Halle. In the end it’s not the outside that counts, its what is in your heart. Not to mention, I don’t care what they say I look pretty darn good myself. And, I personally would just say a little prayer for those rude folks. I would pray they get a little less insensitive as they get older.

Michele': No, don't utter a word. Just smile and remember that you are cute and smart too.

Elana: Being that I am one of those pretty girls, my advice is that you should not take it so personally. Don’t worry about the opinions of other people because you will never be able to control them. In other words, get over it.

No comments: