Friday, November 17, 2006

Friends, Always and ...

Dear Sisters,

My best friend is pregnant and considering an abortion. If she has an abortion, I do not believe I can continue our friendship. She already has two children and can barely take care of them, so I understand why she would not want another child. I think she should consider adoption. I have two children and am barely making it or I would take the child myself. My friend knows how I feel but says she has to do what is best for her. We have been friends since kindergarten. Am I wrong for feeling the way I do?


Jena: You are not wrong for feeling the way you do, but what has that got to do with it? Your friend needs your support—whichever way she decides. One more thing, I'm not clear on why you won't take the child--run that by me one more time.

Michele: Your friend has a choice to make and she has to live with it. You have a choice to make and you too will have to live with it.

Elana: Ditto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friend is entitled to feel however she wants -- she just needs to control how she shows those feelings to the world.

And, while I think adoption is a great option (I have several adopted cousins) -- the woman's friend already has two kids. You know what those kids are going to think if mom gives this baby up for adoption? "When does mom give us/me away?" At least one of them is going to be old enough to understand what's going on if mom gives the baby up for adoption.