Friday, November 17, 2006

Am I or Am I Not?

Dear Sisters,

I have been married for almost fourteen years and I love my husband very much. I have this lady friend who I have known for only a few months. I am scared to death because the feelings and thoughts I am having for this woman are much like those I have for my husband. I have never had these feelings for a woman. I do not know what these feelings are but they are consuming my thoughts. What I should do?


Jena: My guess is that your fear is that you are a homosexual. Although your thoughts and feelings are mimicking homosexuality they are likely something else. Hopefully, this is just a lingering for something you need, yet are not getting from your husband. If you were gay, these feelings would probably have shown up a longtime ago. I recommend you seek the advice of your clergy, a mental health professional, and/or a relationship counselor.

Michelle: I agree with my sis that if you were really gay these feelings would have shown up a longtime ago. I would not think you are really homosexual, but then there is the possibility you have been repressing your sexuality. I really have no idea, but I do think you need to seek assistance from a professional before things get out of hand. You do not say if this lady friend is gay, but if she is you are really playing with fire. If she is not, you could lose a friend, your husband and your mind if you let these feelings fester.


Elana: This is just way out of my realm of expertise honey. If I were in your shoes, I imagine I would be pretty scared too.

No comments: