Sunday, December 10, 2006

Wife of a Predator

I was watching a program about child predators on Dateline tonight. My husband is always on the Internet in chatrooms. Whenever I walk in the room he quickly closes out his conversation box. I have reason to suspect to that he is chatting with young girls although I do not know if he has met with any of them. One reason I believe this is because I am 20 years-old and he is 51 years-old. I met him when I was fifteen and we got married when I was eighteen. He has not seemed interested in me since we have been married. I know that he has approached some of the younger girls in our town. I really do not mind because this keeps him away from me. Should I report him to the authorities?

Jena:
If you have proof that your husband is illegally approaching underage girls for sex, then you should definitely report him. You might consider reporting him to Dateline.

Michele: Just because your husband began his relationship with you when you were underage does not necessarily mean he has continued the behavior. Just because he closes out his chatroom conversations when you enter the room does not necessarily mean he is is chatting with underage girls. Rumours of approaching young girls in your neighborhood do not necessarily make him a child molester. But it certainly sounds worth reporting to the authorities for investigation.


Elana: You might need more help than your husband. Well, at least as much help as your husband. I highly recommend you speak to your clergy or a counselor regarding your relationship with your husband. It sounds as if you were at one time a victim of his child molestation issues. And as far as the authorities, if I had evidence of his activities then I would report him. I do not know if suspicions would be enough for the authorities to investigate. I think that whatever I do, I would do it anonymously.

Elana:

No comments: