Friday, December 08, 2006

Excusemaker or Realist

Dear Sisters,

I have often been told I can achieve anything if I give it my all. I feel that the real issue is there are some things some people are just not good at doing. Do you think I am making excuses, or do you agree that some people are just not good at some things?

Jena: It is a question only that person can answer. I do believe different people have different strengths. That being said, in my lifetime I cannot recall an instance when something that I set out to learn was not within my grasp. Well, maybe one instance, a singer I am not. However, I can recall times when something was beyond the effort I was willing to put forth. I will say that I have always known in my heart when the real obstacle was my ability or my attitude. Still, there have been times when I ignored my heart and labeled my excuse as the reason for not giving my best.

Michele: Personally, I believe that you can achieve anything you would like to achieve. But I also think that you may not be as good as others at those achievements. On the other hand, you might be better than others at some achievements.

Elana: I believe it can be either or. Sometimes you make excuses that you cannot do something because you do not want to put forth the effort. And sometimes, you really may not be good at it. But try it before you dish it.

No comments: