Monday, October 09, 2006

A Tale of Two Men

Dear Sisters,

I have two male friends. One of them talks as if he could be very generous. He is an attractive man who is 19 years older than me. The other freely admits to being a tightwad. He is also attractive and four years my junior. I am attracted more to the tightwad. What should I do?

Jena: There is some missing information here. I hate to admit to this, but the first thought that came to my mind had to do with virility of the older gentleman. My guess is that these two men are on two opposite spectrums in this area and that may have a little to do with why you are more attracted to the younger one. If that area is important to you--and it is not for everyone--then I would not settle for less. It might come back to haunt you in a couple of years. But truly, you should be looking at so very much more than these two criteria--you don't mention their heart or character.

Michele: Silly me, I would have to go with the tightwad.

Elana: It seems that you are more attracted to the younger one whom is a tightwad, and this is a problem for you. My suggestion is to find someone whom you are attracted to who is not a tightwad.

No comments: